Fact: I love frozen food... Sometimes I like foods frozen that most people like when they are not frozen.
Example: Frozen peas.
Now don't judge. Everyone is given a set of gifts and talents, mine happens to be liking the occasional bowl of frozen blueberries, and I have chosen not to bury that talent. So when I decided to go on a break with ice cream, my superhuman abilities to love all foods of the frozen genre really had it's time to shine. And so this list was created:
The Top 10 Foods to Eat When You're Sad Because You Can't Have Ice Cream.
10. Berries with cream- (not frozen, but still important) The blackberries and raspberries are in full bloom in our backyard, and I have been graciously stealing them and eating them before they make it into the house. I love those things.
9. Frozen Grapes and blueberries- at one point in my first semester at college, I introduced two things to my roommates bananagrams, and frozen grapes. Consequently we spent 1 whole week procrastinating homework by playing bananagrams for hours straight while snacking on frozen grapes. (I did most of the snacking but we'll pretend) Sorry guys.
8. Frozen bananas- I had a tupperware of frozen bananas sitting in the freezer. They are perfect for smoothies (no need for ice when you use frozen fruit) and I also like eating them plain.
7. Cereal- Not frozen, but when you put that goodness in a bowl with some dairy and a spoon, the world is just a better place.
5. Lemon Buttermilk Popsicles- Sound gross? Maybe. Taste wonderful? Definitely. I found these babies the other day and threw 'em together just for the heck of it. Turns out I love those things. I love 'em a lot.
4. Banana Peanut butter Smoothies- I love love them. Just frozen bananas blended with a spoon full of peanut butter (and a little sugar or honey if that's how you roll) If your feeling fancy add some chocolate chips and let the happiness ensue.
3. Edy's coconut real fruit Popsicles- If you're a Popsicle lover, or a coconut lover, or a happiness lover, then these are for you. Sweet, cold, and creamy. Love Love Love.
2. Yogurt- I like it from the fridge or frozen, with or without fruit and/or granola.
1. Frozen Mixed Fruit- eat it with yogurt, whipped cream, oatmeal, plain, it doesn't matter, I love love love it. We get giant bags of mixed fruit from Sams Club and I go to town on those things.
So there you have it, you lucky reader you. My secret to ice cream-less success. Now it's your turn. Do you have any frozen favorites? I'd love to hear them!