Your Nav Bar Here

Martin Kratt and the Art of Growing Up


I'm turning 21 in a little bit. Have you ever done that? It's weird huh. For some reason, 21 is the scariest age for me to turn. For all I know 21 is all about doing taxes, and eating vegetables (that aren't avocados or frozen frozen peas). I feel like 21 is the age where I need to learn to do my laundry before I run out of clothes. It's probably also the age where I should get down to business and make a budget. Will I also be forced to stop watching youtube clips of the Kratt brothers to figure out which one I had a crush on when I was 8 (and/or 20)? I don't know. This is 21 we are talking about. This is serious stuff! (P.S. I'm pretty sure it was Martin Kratt, Chris has funny hair.)

Anyways I made a list. I asked some of my friends to add things to the list. Some of them are off the chain. (Off the chain might be a phrase I have/choose to give up when I turn 21) Some of them made me really excited for the next few weeks. Some of them made me terrified for the next few weeks. Some of them I have never done before. I'm planning on checking them all off. And guess what! When I check one off I get to blog about it! Did I hear you say "win win"? I think I did! So without further ado, here is the list!

21 things to do before I turn 21
1. Go camping
2. Learn to drive a stickshift
3. Run a half marathon (I've been planning this one for a while, but I thought I would throw it on here)
4. Learn how to make yogurt
5. Surprise both of my grandparents with a visit.
6. Stay up for 24 straight hours
7. Get a manicure or pedicure
8. Get my hair cut at a real salon
9. Learn to put my feet behind my head
10. Make a new friend
11. Sing Karaoke at Applebees or somewhere similar
12. My mom reads this blog
13. Go to Tooele
14. Hit a golf ball
15. Eat something crazy
16. Paint a Masterpiece
17. TBA
18. Pick my own fruit and make a pie out of it
19. Do something nice and completely unexpected for someone
20. ?
21. ?


So this is where I need your help. My 21 things started yesterday. I still couldn't think of 2 things. But if I know anything it's that the 5 people that read this blog know how to have a good time! Am I right or am I right? So leave me your comments with ideas! Everybody! I will send you a pony if you do! Or that fancy car you wanted! Or maybe I will send you good Karma! Promise!

3 comments:

  1. I do read your blog, so does that mean you can cross off #12?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get arrested because it goes off your record...no wait, that was 18, so scratch that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roll down a hill in one of those giant plastic orbs. I did that once, I think. Oh it was so long ago now I can't remember if I actually paid to do it. Or have a pudding fight in the mountains, or go backpacking in the snow, or make cheese, or plan a road trip, or have a marshmallow gun fight, or put a duck in someone's apartment, or paint a self-portrait using pudding, lots of pudding ideas, or have a picnic, or cook something in a pumpkin, or make something crazy hard like... beef wellington, or take a ballet class, or jiu jitsu, or collect all the spare change you possibly can and buy the coolest thing you can with it, or have a pie eating contest (I feel like everyone should do this at least once in their life just because of it's hype, even though I never have).

    I love college.

    ReplyDelete