Your Nav Bar Here

#35 Matthew Cragun

*Matthew and I on his wedding day.


Recently I overheard a conversation between two siblings that went a little something like this

sibling 1: I need help with my homework
sibling 2: no, I'm sick of helping you with homework.

Ok so that's not word for word, but thats the basics of it. Anyways, as I was overhearing this conversation I took a trip down memory lane to my Junior year of high school when I took Physics from a guy named Mr. S. Bless his heart the man tried his best to teach me the ways of gravity and acceleration and all the things in between, but for the life of me I didn't get it. Luckily I had a brother who is super smart and understands things like physics, cars, chemistry, the meaning of life... etc. So once a week or so, (usually the night before my physics homework was due because that's the way I roll) I would call up Matthew, and he would coach me through problem after problem and formula after formula, and even when I would pretend I had no more problems left because I felt bad for being an annoying time consuming little sister, he would ask if we could try one more problem just to make sure I got it.

So it was no surprise to me when I called Matthew late the other night to ask him a car question, and he was more than happy to help. I'm so grateful for a brother who is practically a car whisperer.

And it doesn't surprise me either when I talk to Matthew and he seems to know exactly what advice I need to be given. I am eternally thankful for the mountains of advice that I get from this kid.



I'm a lucky little sister.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...what a sweet post. How do I raise kids that love each other so much?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, My mom is a good, patient woman, and also I think she has some sort of super power, she would be the one to ask.

    ReplyDelete