Your Nav Bar Here

#8 Home cookin

I'll let you in on a little secret: My Mom makes the best Strawberry rhubarb crisp this side of the mississippi, (confession: I never checked the geographic locations of good ol strawberry rhubarb cookin, I just wanted to use that phrase) and guess what, you lucky reader you, my mom gave me the recipe, and now I'm giving it to you.


Strawberry rhubarb crunch
1 Cup Flour
1 C packed Brown sugar
3/4 C quick-cooking oats
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 c butter (or margarine)
4 c. Sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
1 pint fresh strawberries halved
1 cup sugar
2 T Cornstarch
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 whole lotta love

Directions: In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of mixture into 9-in square pan. Combine rhubarb and strawberries and spoon over crust. In saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch, stir in water and vanilla. Bring to boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over fruit. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top. Bake 350 for 1 hour. Bring some to Catherine. Just kidding. Serve with ice cream.

1 comments: